Re: The IOOOF and The Royal Curmudgeon Order

To: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Subject: Re: The IOOOF and The Royal Curmudgeon Order
From: mmcewen@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca (John McEwen)
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 09:42:01 -0700
Ah, but generally the cantankerous nature implies a strong sense of "do it
yourself" which is usually rooted in either low self esteem or its converse
- terminal pomposity.  This is reinforced by a "Great Depression mentality"
which was created through direct experience or childhood conditioning.  All
of this is driven by a sense of advancing age and a world moving quickly
onwards, without concern for this traumatic personal event.  The ultimate
trigger is the enormous impact of "sticker shock" created by current
pricing in the mind of someone who can clearly remember buying things 40
years ago.  The sense of anger and frustration created reinforces the
cantankerous behavior and fosters activities involving excessively frugal
behavior and the active promotion of the innate cleverness of this
behavior.

I could go on but I'm sure you'd prefer that I didn't.

John