Re: Engine tuners in Portland, OR?

To: William Cordle <WCordle@aris.com>
Subject: Re: Engine tuners in Portland, OR?
From: Lane Rollins <laner@teleport.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 13:18:10 -0800
>My father in law just gave us his BRG 78 MGB, and I have been scouring the
>internet for resources, and have stumbled across all of you.
>
>Unfortunately, our first couple of experiences with mechanics and our B have
>been far from pleasant.  Can any of you recommend a trustworthy and
>competent tuner in the Portland area?
>
>TIA
>Will
>78 MGB

The shop's in Portland that work with British Cars would be -

Harold's Auto Service - 232-8304 (Harold Dick)
The Import Garage - 235-5951 (Bill Eastman)
Sports & Vintage Cars - 254-4012 (Peter Price)
British Auto Works - 690-7626 (Ray Marty)
I can't remember the name of Ann Blythe's Shop - it seems like she mainly
works on higher end cars. We did a garage tour there a couple years ago and
they had a lot of Rolls & Jags. But they did have TD & A in at the time.

Some of the shops will take care of problems on cars that you didn't ask to
be done. Be sure to ask them to contact you before doing any extra work.
It's not that they are trying to run up the bill, but rather taking care of
saftey or reliablity issues.

The other option is to join one of the two local MG clubs. I'm currently VP
of one but I do belong to both. If you want to contact me, give me a ring
at 654-2870. There will also be a garge tour on the 28th, I'll post details
later. It's going to hit Ron Tonkin's Grand Tourismo first, get to see some
of his private collection of Ferrari's. Then down to Guy's Interior
Restoration, usually there are some amazing cars in this place. Finally hit
Harold's, this will include lunch. Among other things he is restoring an M
type & YT.

Hope this helps
Lane