RE: Engine tuners in Portland, OR?

To: "'miker15@juno.com'" <miker15@juno.com>,
Subject: RE: Engine tuners in Portland, OR?
From: William Cordle <WCordle@aris.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 14:53:22 -0800
To the best of my knowledge here is our current status:

- Weber 32/36 DGV downdraft with a water choke
- Lucas 45D distributor with vacuum advance
- Lucas Super Coil
- Engine rebuilt in '92, 5k miles since (I have no idea on performance mods
- cam, head, valves, bottom end, etc. ???)

All emissions equip had been removed and we were failing emissions terribly.
A local shop got us up to spec for a horrific price - it seems they forgot
that we wanted a call before any work was done.  Live and learn - again!

We are lacking power.  There is a tremendous flat spot, particularly
noticeable when attempting to accelerate in 2nd gear.  It just does not seem
right at all.  If you can eventually get up to 3k some power seems to
return, but there is no way to get past 4k.  Not having driven a properly
tuned B I have no idea what to expect, but our current setup certainly seems
lacking.

Any thoughts?

Will
78 MGB