Re: Engine rebuild kit

To: PHILIPPE TUSLER <TUSLER@mp050.mv.unisys.com>
Subject: Re: Engine rebuild kit
From: Art Pfenninger <ch155@FreeNet.Buffalo.EDU>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 17:35:57 -0500 (EST)
Philippe you are 100% right on dismantling and then ordering. Until you
you can look at and measure what you have you won't know what you will
need. If the crank needs turning or the cylinders are messed up then you
will need oversized bearing and pistons. Maybe the screen on the oil pump
is bad or the timing gears are chipped. Every time you have to put another
order in you've wasted time. Talk with the dealers on the list they can
save you some big bucks and offer good advice.
...Art