Re: Synchronized first, Clutching,

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Synchronized first, Clutching,
From: Kelvin Dodd <kdodd@West.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 14:21:29 -0800
My thanks to all the people who pointed out the 2nd gear trick.  It has
been so long since I have driven a non-synch box that I had brain fade.
 Both my early cars now have 4synch boxes and my Magnette still needs a
clutch to be operational.  I still think that's why the British have
roundabouts tho.  I learnt how to drive a standard box in an Austin 1100
 with clapped out synchros.  The car belonged to my brother who
explained vividly what happened to the ground up gear teeth as they
circulated through the engine oil system.  I dreaded every traffic light
and loved the roundabouts where I only had to crunch third gear.

Kelvin.