Re: Battery Box Liner (a stupid question)

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Battery Box Liner (a stupid question)
From: stuart farmer <k7wf@kalama.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 10:28:37 -0800
Yes, you DO have to punch holes for the battery cables. They have
to be large enough for the cable ends to fit through.
Most of us have the largest battery possible that will fit in our
MG's and I found that the battery liner is not large enough to
accomodate a group 26 battery. The liner is shaped so that the
group 26 battery will not go all the way to the bottom.
Of course, I found this out AFTER I had made the holes for the
cables !!
Cheerio, Stuart....'79MGB (with the top down)

At 10:49 AM 3/23/98 -0600, you wrote:
>OK...I'll admit to being a serious novice, but this has to be perhaps one
>of the most ridiculous things I have asked, but what the hell.  I replaced
>the battery in my 77B a while ago and noticed that there were 2 pieces of
>wood for the battery to rest on.  So, on my next parts order, I got the
>battery box liner from Moss.  Saturday I go to put it in...shouldn't be a
>problem right...well, with the liner in I can't hook up the battery!!!
>Oooops.  There are no holes to punch out in the liner, but I figure this is
>what has to be done.  I'll probably just drill a couple out.  I thought I'd
>ask to make sure I am not going nuts....probably too late.

Stuart Farmer
2724 Florida St.
Longview,WA 98632         k7wf@kalama.com
Tel: 360-423-1769