Re:

To: "Joe R. Koster" <jkoster@ncpi.com>
Subject: Re:
From: Larry Dickstein <bugide@tfs.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 11:47:38 -0800
Joe R. Koster wrote:

> Hello Again!
> I didn't get to work much on the MG, but I got my brother to help me.
> I found out that the slave  cylinder is moving out about 1" . So now I'm
> not sure that it is the hydraulics. Also I used a mighty vac bleeding tool
> to bleed the system. What I mean by it not shifting in any gear , I start
> the engine up and try to shift in any gear and all it does is grind.

        It ought to be OK w/ an inch but I think it should really be closer to
1 1/2".  The only thing else I can think of (and I learned the hard way)
is that when you replaced the clutch disc you got it in backwards.  It
should have said "flywheel side" or something on it and it should have
been installed that way.

Larry Dickstein     Kansas City, MO

O.F. #2 by Executive Decree