Re: Headlight Guards

To: saschris@flash.net
Subject: Re: Headlight Guards
From: "Scott Gardner" <gardner7@pilot.infi.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 15:22:05 +0000
> Recently purchased some of those chrome mesh headlight guards at a swap meet.
> They were complete with the two sets of mounting clips, but no instructions.
>I have removed the chrome trim ring, and i>
> Anyone out there installed these things?   Which set of screws are
>appropriate?  Any hints?
>
> Regards,
>
> Chris Delling

Chris,
        I can't help you with the screws, since mine always stood proud by
about an inch, no matter which screws I used.  I might have had
mounting tabs that were too long.
        What I'm curious about is how yours hold up to the elements after
you install them.  The set that was one my car were painted black
when I bought it, so I assume they rusted some time in the past.  I
bought a new set, and they rusted in two weeks. (gotta love that
Florida weather!).  Maybe there are better sets out there than the
$9.99 ones I bought, so if yours hold up, I'd like to know the brand
name.
Scott