Re: MGF Super Sports

To: "MG digest submit" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: MGF Super Sports
From: Phil Raby <mgworld@chp.ltd.uk>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 98 12:05:17 -0000
On 28/3/98 9:04 am mgs-owner@autox.team.net said

>  The MGA at least evolved thru the traditional factory, was designed by
>the MG team.
So what about those MGs built in Oxford before Abingdon came along??
> The F is a spin-off of another marque, with the Octogon
>plastered on for saleability.
Incorrect, the F was designed as an MG right from the start, by a
subsidary of Rover called MG Cars. That is just how the marque began: as
a spin off of Morris.

>   Sure it is, designed to sell to anyone who thinks the name on the
>skin indicates its true charactar.  If I wanted a Miata, I'd buy one.
If you drive an F you'll discover it does have the character of a true
MG. It's nothing like a Miata.

Philip Raby
Editor, MG World
PO Box 163, Bicester OX6 3YS, UK
Tel: 01869 340061 Fax: 01869 340063 Mobile 0467 767361
www.chp.ltd.uk