Re: fuel pump?

To: Your Name <gtoll@worldnet.att.net>, autox MGS <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: fuel pump?
From: Mike Hartwig <mhartwig@cbu.edu>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 1998 20:08:02 -0600
At 07:48 PM 3/28/98 -0500, Your Name wrote:
>1) What's a likely cause for the fuel pump's running on

<snip>
The fuel pump running on is likely caused by either 1)no gas in tank
When your pump is out of fuel, it will click rapidly telling you that you
have only a few miles left of fuel.  I find it a good warning system.
2) More likely, though, your pump needs to be rebuilt.  There are a set of
check valves in your SU pump.  When one of them fails (I can't remember
which), your pump will have to click rapidly in order to pump the fuel at
the specified pressure.  Just buy yourself a rebuild kit and rebuild that
sucker one afternoon and you're back in business.

Can't help your with that other question about misfiring.  I can only
suggest you check your ignition system very well, and then give the fuel
delivery system a "once-over".

Jay