Re: fuel pump?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: fuel pump?
From: "Jerry Causey" <reecau@whidbey.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 1998 09:30:40 -0800
Pete:
Re Q2, it may be a temperature thing. My '67 B has an aftermarket manifold with
a very large balance pipe, and HS6 carbs. Until the manifold fully heats up
(long after the engine temperature is normalized), the fuel doesn't stay in
suspension, so the car feels like it has a too-lean mixture. I'm not sure how
cold it is on your mountains, but this may be your problem, too. If it didn't
cure itself after a longer drive, I would have suggested you might have carb
needles with the wrong profile for the altitude at your location.

Regards,
Jerry