Re: friends on the list/we learn every day

To: miker15@juno.com
Subject: Re: friends on the list/we learn every day
From: mgbob@juno.com (ROBERT G. HOWARD)
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 1998 07:08:38 EST
Hi Mike,
  At least another one of us was working on an MG.  We got the engine out
of the TD during the afternoon and mounted it to the engine stand.  The
sump, transmission, clutch housing and  manifolds are off now, and the
most of the bolts for the timing chain cover. One is blocked by the
waterpump, which seems to be stuck.  Soaked that with liquid wrench, then
headed into the house with a tired back and crossed eyes.  Ron Santry
came over to lend assistance and expertise, and Ron Jarocz loaned the
lift.  My attempts with the micrometer tell me that the crank is OK, but
I'll ask someone more proficient to double-check. Today, Saturday, I
think I'll push the car out onto the driveway and scrub down the scoodich
that has accumulated over the 47 years of operation. It's mostly bugs and
dust, of course, no oil leaks in an MG.
Bob