Re: RS Light Bulbs

To: tboicey@brit.ca
Subject: Re: RS Light Bulbs
From: mgbob@juno.com (ROBERT G. HOWARD)
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 1998 07:08:38 EST
Hi Trevor,
  I have never understood how this thing works.
   Is it like the flasher of the turn signals, wherin the current heats a
spring that pops open the contacts, then closes them as it cools? I have
never heard it operate, unlike the flasher.
  If so, what sort of open/close rate would it have in order that the
gauges do not leap up and down on their scales? Over what period of time
does the thing average the voltage?
Bob