RE: doesnt anybody have anything to say about b gts

To: "'Ray e. Huff'" <mgbrh@earthlink.net>
Subject: RE: doesnt anybody have anything to say about b gts
From: "Unger, Larry G" <larry.g.unger@lmco.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 1998 09:28:59 -0500
Ray Huff wrote:

> See my previous message

In his previous message, Ray Huff wrote:

> Now that my '76 Roadster is very drivable (accept in
> the rain because I hate having the top up & live
> north of rainy wet Seattle) I'm consdering selling
> my '71 Ford Torino GT for about $2500 or so.  My
> question is can I get a reasonable BGT for that &
> what is the best or worst  year.

As a general rule the GTs are priced a good bit lower
than the Roadsters ... so, you should be able to get a
reasonable BGT for $2500 ... however, that will depend
upon the model and location. IOW, the early metal dash
models command a higher price ... a BGT will command a
higher price in rainy Seattle than in sunny LA.

Best or worst year ... lets not start up that thread
again ... there isn't really a best or worst year as
they all have there good and bad points ... ;^)  That
said, I happen to prefer the early metal dash models
('65 - 167), but thats simply because they are closer
in form to my 'A'... others prefer the interior, full
synchromesh tranny, upgraded braking system, etc. of
the later models.

Hope this was of some help ...

Safety Fast! ... larry.g.unger@lmco.com
'61 MGA 1600 MkII