RE: '70 GT - Tie Rod Ball Joints & Electrical Questions - 2nd

To: doug russell <dr-doug@classic.msn.com>
Subject: RE: '70 GT - Tie Rod Ball Joints & Electrical Questions - 2nd Posting
From: Art Pfenninger <ch155@FreeNet.Buffalo.EDU>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 1998 13:24:50 -0400 (EDT)
        It's a simple enough task. Loosen the locknut on the tie rod ends
then seperate them from the tie rods. If you use a pickle fork you will
most likely ruin the boot on the tie rod end. The better method is to use
the type of seperator the screws down and forces the end apart.Be sure to
count the threads so that you can get things back to where they were. With
the tie rod end off you can remove and reinstall the boot.Takes about an
hour or so for the complete job.I shoot gear oil into the boot using a
glue syrenge from a wood working store .By doing it this way I don't have
to get into pulling the top off the steering rack.
...Art