Gulp valve

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Gulp valve
From: RAY WYGONIK <RWYGONIK@grove.iup.edu>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 09:39:28 -0400 (EDT)
On my 74B, 72 18V engine, the gulp valve has a large hose running from the
carbon cannister, a hose to the bottom of the car and a small, approx 3/16"
male end that is not connected up.  Is this a vacum connection?

Also I do not have a crankcase breather tube.  I just installed a Weber DGV
and there is a fitting under the air cleaner that I understood connected up to
the crankcase breather.  I have not had the car running since I have had it,
but very close.  do I need a crankcase breather?  All openings are sealed off,
apparently the engine ran this way.