New Midget

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: New Midget
From: Ron Axelrod <maverick@eee.org>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 13:11:24 -0700
I would like to know if there is a difference in
value between an original Midget in excellent
shape and a reconditioned one in the same shape.

The  reason I ask is that I own a 1978 Midget with
only 6,750 original miles. The original owner had
added pin strips and side molding which I have
attempted to remove. The pin stripping was not a
problem but the adhesive on the side molding has
hardened in a few places and seems to have melded
with the paint.

Any ideas on breaking loose the adhesive  without
harming the paint would be appreciated. Also, if I
were to feather out the area and have it
repainted, would it still be considered original.

Thanks for any input

Ron