RE: Greasy Wire Wheels

To: MG MGB list <MGS@Autox.Team.Net>, Joseph Cianciotti <jmc987@earthlink.net>
Subject: RE: Greasy Wire Wheels
From: Larry Hoy <larryhoy@mcione.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 23:24:17 -0600
Not sure about the best way to clean them but ......... next time lube them
with the silver anti-seize stuff.  I use Permatex 133A.  It prevents
seizing, galling and corrosion; and if it "leaks" through your spoke holes
it's silver!

When you do get the grease off the wheels you might want to "swipe" a thin
coat of silicone around the inside of the hub to cover the spoke holes.

Larry Hoy; Denver, CO. USA
1969 MGB Roadster
1987 Jaguar XJ6 VDP
"It's not how fast you go, it's how fast you go fast"