Re: speedo, Speedo Tech 101, 102, 201, 202

To: AEKell <AEKell@aol.com>
Subject: Re: speedo, Speedo Tech 101, 102, 201, 202
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 10:55:12
At 06:47 PM 4/22/98 EDT, AEKell <AEKell@aol.com> wrote:
>Can anyone present a lesson on speedometers?  Have a '57 MGA .....

MGA Speedometer Tech now comes in four courses.
     ST-101 concerns how travel down the road induces motion into the
rotary cable driving the dash instrument, and how the internal mechanics of
the speedometer work.
     ST-102 defines different methods of measuring and calibrating the
error of the instrument.
     ST-201 is a more detailed description of the internal workings of the
speedometer, how certain variations and adjustments can affect the
calibration of the instrument, and how to make some adjustments to the dial
readout.
     ST-202 gets deeper into the workings of the magnetic speedometer drive
and ways to affect calibration changes there.

Visit my web site to get the full story.
     http://www.ntsource.com/~barneymg
Select "Speedometer Tech"

Anyone without browser capability just drop me a line and I'll e-mail you a
copy of the text files.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude