Re: '73 B Brake Light Switch

To: Dan Ray <danray@bluegrass.net>, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: '73 B Brake Light Switch
From: Jim Carlile <j_carlile@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 19:27:43 -0700 (PDT)
---Dan Ray <danray@bluegrass.net> wrote:
 My brake lights were staying on, so I removed the switch from the
housing
> and fiddled with it, pulling the little plunger out and pushing it
in. At
> first, the lights just stayed on, then they started going off when I
> RELEASED the plunger...
> Anyone seen this before?

These switches usually fall apart at about 200k miles this same way.
Sounds like you need a new one. Usually the first sign of trouble is
detached wires, meaning the lights never go on. Yours lasted longer.
Actually, the break light switches were extremely reliable back when
they were put in-- they're not often needed. A pretty easy fix.

Jim
'74 B