RE: '70 MGB GT - Heater question

To: mgs <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>, Gary Davis <GDAVIS@ibr6gw80.gp.usbr.gov>
Subject: RE: '70 MGB GT - Heater question
From: "BIDGOOD, ALAN" <BIDGOODA@pab22a.ssd.loral.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 09:48:00 -0700
Gary,

There should be a valve on the block which allows the
coolant to flow through the heater.  You should be able
to trace the heater hoses to find it.  You may find that
although you have the control on the dash set to cold
that this valve is stuck 'open' and still allowing hot
coolant to flow through the heater system.

This happened to mine, but stuck in the closed position
so I wasn't getting any heating. Some lubrication and
manual operation opening and closing should free it up.

Alan B.' 1978 Roadster (fully operational)
  1973 BGT (a long way to go)