Re: '70 MGB GT - Heater question

To: GDAVIS@ibr6gw80.gp.usbr.gov
Subject: Re: '70 MGB GT - Heater question
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 18:54:36 EDT
On Fri, 24 Apr 1998 08:34:08 -0600 Gary Davis
<GDAVIS@ibr6gw80.gp.usbr.gov> writes:
>Good Friday morning . . . .
>
>Even though I realize the engine transfers considerable heat to the
>cockpit (especially in the GT), I suspect my heater may be "on" all
>the
>time.  The fan's not running, but I'm curious about the heater
>element.
>How would I check this out?

The simplest way is to crank the car and allow it to reach operating
temperature.
 Then check the inlet and outlet hose to the heater, simply by grabbing
it near the heater box.
 If the water control valve is on, or leaking, the hoses will be warm/hot
to the touch, with the inlet a bit warmer.
 Both hoses relativly cool means no water is flowing through the heate
core.
Rick Morrison
72 MGBGT
74 Midget