"Tatty" MGB thoughts, was Re: Monterey Brit Car meet -

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>, "Simon Matthews" <simon_matthews@avanticorp.com>
Subject: "Tatty" MGB thoughts, was Re: Monterey Brit Car meet -
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 18:22:30 -0500
Simon says: (couldn't resist)
> Many  of the
>'B's were unfortunately rather tatty.

This is an interesting point, for me at least.
I guess mine falls into that category, and I perused the Cincy Brit car club
page at http://members.aol.com/bccgc/index.html to see if they had a
"diamond in the rough" category, like I saw at Indy '97, so I could enter at
Carrolton...alas, no.
Too bad, since IMHO this is a good category for showing what the trailer
queens once were, and gives motivation for those who are like me with "good"
cars that are being made better every weekend in the DIY mode due to budget
constraints. Plus, it separates the "tatty" cars from the ones whose owners
really spent some time and money! (that's a good thing, as long as they get
driven once in a while)
I was even ready to make placards stating date and price of purchase,
to-date repairs, etc... With a big show, one would have to set a limit (no
real bad rust buckets, unless significant welding completed).
I'm happy with leaving her outside the gate in the parking lot, having
gotten their under her own power (knock wood) -- maybe I'll still make the
signs, for the inevitable lookers there! ;)
Just my $.02, of course.

Dan
'73 B