Judson supercharger

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Judson supercharger
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 04:20:17
For all performance enthusiasts,

A non-net friend is looking for an installation and/or service book for a
Judson supercharger.  Otherwise, same friend has a Judson supercharger that
he would be willing to part with for $500 (without any documentation).

This unit was removed from an MGA.  It is appearantly complete and in good
condition.  It was opened for inspection, all of the internal vanes are in
good condition, and the shaft spins freely and quietly in the bearings.  It
includes a matching one barrel Holly carburetor, also appearantly in good
condition.  It has the matching intake manifold and the front drive pulley.
 It also has the idler pulley and idler arm which attaches to the main
housing.

Both the main drive pulley and the idler pulley are double groove v-belt
pulleys.  I have not seen the unit, and I/we do not at this time know how
the pulleys will align at the front of the engine, or where the two belts
would be driven from.  Otherwise friend says that it looks like a complete
and operational unit ready to bolt on and run.  As it was previously fitted
to an MGA, I suspect that it will work equally well on an MGB.

The "MG" logo is cast on the intake manifold and also on the idler arm.  As
such, it appears to have originally been a complete kit that was designed
specifically to be fitted to an MG.

That is all the information I have at this time.  All questions welcome,
but it may take a few days to get the answers.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude