Speedo drive gear

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Speedo drive gear
From: Rene and Marion van Maanen <renevm@support.neth.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 13:14:55 +0200
Hi,

It looks like I will have to change the speedometer drive gear. I can
hold still the cable while driving (speedo removed). I found this out by
a heavyly swinging needle.

But here the Q:

To replace the gear inside the OD, can I just loosen the locknut at the
axle side of the OD, and pull the rear flange? Or do I have to remove
the entire OD assy?

Second:

Do I have to drain the oil? And is the room for the oil the same as the
room for the tranny? Can the oil flow over from one to another?

I have a 4 synchro 67-on OD type and gearbox.

Greetings from a sunny Netherlands.

Rene

--
Rene and Marion van Maanen