Re: MGB door alignment

To: "The Richards" <smrm@coastalnet.com>, "mgs" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: MGB door alignment
From: "Mike Lishego" <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 09:02:51 -0400
>After a three year, three body shop odyssey my MGB has finally returned to
>my garage. In the meantime, what was once two cars worth of parts has been
>reduced by attrition to 3/4s a cars worth of parts. I should write a book,
>HOW NOT TO RESTORE AN MGB.
> Anyway, the doors were removed from the hinges and I am having a
moderately
>difficult time aligning them. Has anyone any hints on this other than
simple
>trial and error?

Don't forget that the door hinges, where they bolt to the A-post can be
shimmed up or down.  It seems that this operation is in store for my MGB, as
my doors sag regardless of how high I set them...Good luck, I spent a
weekend working on my doors and they still aren't perfect...

"Take time to smell the roadsters."
Michael S. Lishego