Front Bearing Grease Seal- which way do they go?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Front Bearing Grease Seal- which way do they go?
From: john peloquin <peloquin@galaxy.ucr.edu>
Date: Fri, 1 May 1998 15:19:14 -0700 (PDT)
Dear Netters:

I'm replacing the front left bearings on my '70 MGB-GT

There is supposed to be a grease seal at the part of the hub closest to
the base of the spindle. It (of course) has two sides- one with the rubber
flush with the metal and the other with the rubber slightly below (1/2
mm?) the metal. Which side goes towards the base of the spindle and which
goes towards the small end of the spindle?

"Never Ascribe to Malice that which can be explained by Ignorance."
John J. Peloquin
Entomology, University of California, Riverside, CA 92521