5 speed vs. OD conversion

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: 5 speed vs. OD conversion
From: Ben Ruset <bruset@home.com>
Date: Sun, 03 May 1998 17:53:48 -0400
Okay -- here's my dilemma:

I don't want to keep my standard 4 speed. The thought of pushing my B to
the high rev mark and leaving it there frankly scares me.

I'm considering my options. I know OD is nice - it's original equipment,
bolts into the car nicely, etc -- but is also hard to find and even harder
to find one working perfectly.

A 5 speed is good because I don't have to worry about going into reverse
with OD engaged, there are many Z car transmissions around, etc -- but the
conversion kit is expensive.

What's a more sensical way of doing things??

BEN RUSET - ICQ # 10364973
The MGB Haven & MG Cars Webring

http://members.home.com/mgbhaven