Help with "B" steering ball joint

Subject: Help with "B" steering ball joint
From: Eric Murphy <EricMurphy@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 4 May 1998 01:57:41 -0400
        I'm having some trouble replacing the steering rack boots on my 7=
5
B. Im trying to separate the ball joint from the steering arm. It dosen't=

want to let go. I've tried the methods in the Haynes manual, and the
suggestion from the Moss catalog. Hiting it with a hammer, as the Haynes
suggests, was no good. "Beating it down" with a brass drift and big hamme=
was no good either. I'm hesitant to use an air hammer, like Moss suggeste=
d.
Is there some preticular tool I need? Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

                                        Eric Murphy