Re: backfire hell

To: "Joseph Cianciotti" <jmc987@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: backfire hell
From: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <lundgren@iname.com>
Date: Mon, 04 May 1998 18:09:35 +0000
On Sun, 3 May 98 21:21:50 -0700, Joseph Cianciotti wrote:

>Also, last week I bought gas at a different station than I usual do (same
>brand though.) Could I have gotten a batch of bad or mis-labeled gas?
>
>Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

I would guess that the unburned gas is causing your back-firing.  Once your
mis-fire prblem
is fixed I would think that the backfire will go away.

It could be bad gas.  Have you pulled you plugs to see if they are fouled?  If
they are; then you may need
to look at the fuel mixture.  Also check the rest of the ignition.

Andrew Lundgren
Lundgren@iname.com
http://www.maindrag.com/~lundgren