Re: Ledermann Rupp

To: kstewart@wwdc.com
Subject: Re: Ledermann Rupp
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Tue, 05 May 1998 19:37:42 EDT
On Tue, 5 May 1998 17:50:43 -0400 "Keith R. Stewart" <kstewart@wwdc.com>
writes:
>Re: Ledermann Rupp
>
>I talked to Larry at the Roadster Factory Summer Party last August.
>His
>company is still in business and yes CCC has some great products and
>are a
>great company to deal with. However, if you have never dealt with
>Larry and
>Ledermann Rupp, you should know that there really is no comparison
>with his
>products on a quality basis. If you understand and appreciate quality,
>Larry, and Ledermann Rupp, is the man (company) for you! Those
>wickered
>(not wicker) picnic baskets that were described are hand wickered from
>English willow in the ancient tradition. They are very unlike those
>cheap
>Taiwanese imitations. I have one of Larry's exquisite baskets that I
>hand
>crafted a pair of leather belts with brass buckles and brass fittings
>hold it to my luggage rack...and I love it. Yes, some of those
>lacquered
>wood baskets with nylon straps may be far, far cheaper, but they do
>not
>have the class and craftsmanship out LBC's deserve ... and had when
>they
>were new!
>
>Keith R. Stewart
>75 Camden Road
>London, Ontario
>N5X 2K2
>Canada
>Home:    (519)660-1916
>E-Mail:  kstewart@wwdc.com

I'll throw in my two cents worth here and heartily second Keith's
sentiments.
 Larry (and his company) produce some of the highest quality merchandise
for the automobile enthusiast they you can find.
 I've had the pleasure of knowing Larry for many years (we both are
members of the same local club) and I can vouch for the fact that he is
very sincere about quality.  At first blush, Ledermann Rupp's prices may
seem high, but for value recieved, they simply cannot be beaten.
 If you want to make sure the accessories you get are of high enough
quality to place with your LBC, Ledermann Rupp is the only choice.

Usual disclaimer applies, I have no financial interest etc,etc,etc,. i
just appreciate good quality.

Rick Morrison
72 MGBGT
74 Midget