Ledermann Rupp

To: "M.G. List" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Ledermann Rupp
From: "Keith R. Stewart" <kstewart@wwdc.com>
Date: Tue, 5 May 1998 17:50:43 -0400
Re: Ledermann Rupp

I talked to Larry at the Roadster Factory Summer Party last August. His
company is still in business and yes CCC has some great products and are a
great company to deal with. However, if you have never dealt with Larry and
Ledermann Rupp, you should know that there really is no comparison with his
products on a quality basis. If you understand and appreciate quality,
Larry, and Ledermann Rupp, is the man (company) for you! Those wickered
(not wicker) picnic baskets that were described are hand wickered from
English willow in the ancient tradition. They are very unlike those cheap
Taiwanese imitations. I have one of Larry's exquisite baskets that I hand
crafted a pair of leather belts with brass buckles and brass fittings to
hold it to my luggage rack...and I love it. Yes, some of those lacquered
wood baskets with nylon straps may be far, far cheaper, but they do not
have the class and craftsmanship out LBC's deserve ... and had when they
were new!

Keith R. Stewart
75 Camden Road
London, Ontario