Clutch

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Clutch
From: WSpohn4 <WSpohn4@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 15:18:04 EDT
>If you aren't putting a new clutch in an MGB every few years,
> then you're not driving it enough to really worry about how long the >engine
will last.

  Keith, if you have to replace the clutch every couple of years, you're
flogging the car.  If you want to do that, fine, but it's not what most
of us are doing.  And you don't need to adopt a patronizing tone about
it.
- --
  Charley Robinson>>

Charley, he would not only be flogging the car, but he wouldn't really know
how to drive it in the first place. Clutch discs wear when you start the car
out and must slip the clutch. They also wear when you bang shifts and are
sloppy doing drag racing starts. I have never worn a clutch disc out in my
race car, and believe me, I do flog it for all it is worth. I just shift
carefully and accurately, which doesn't give rise to much wear.

Bill S.