Re: MGB ANSA exhaust Installation

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: MGB ANSA exhaust Installation
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 18:29:31 -0500
Charley:
I finally got it on there, (tweaked my shoulder in the process, snivel,
whine) but I need to get a floor jack under there and gently bend it upwards
in the middle to meet the middle (stock) hanger. Your idea is a good one --
don't know why I didn't think of it...hmph. I used 1 1/2" of nylon spacers
to get the middle hanger back far enough. The hanger seems pretty solid, I
used good grade, longer bolts.  The rear hanger matched up close enough to
get it on once I had tightened the head pipe to the manifold!
Unfortunately, one out of six of the manifold studs didn't want to take the
nut. I think some smart-aleck replaced a stud with a coarse threaded one!
(Gee, no wonder one of the old nuts was a coarse-thread!) So hopefully one
10 cent coarse-thread nut will do the trick.
The other challenge will be to figure out a "pad" or something where the
damn thing is rubbing up against the "anti-roll link" ball end, that's a
leak/rust spot waiting to happen.
Now I've got to get my starter back in today and hopefully I can get it
fired up and listen to it! I'm just waiting for the paint to dry on my
starter housing, I wire brushed the shiny parts. :)
Dan