Re: Oil pressure

To: Tom Buchanan <buchanan@preferred.com>
Subject: Re: Oil pressure
From: Rene and Marion van Maanen <renevm@support.neth.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 07:27:47 +0200
Tom Buchanan wrote:

> I caught parts of a thread that discussed the relationship of oil pressure
> and oil filter. My GT sometimes also takes 5 or 6 seconds to come up with
> any pressure at all when starting. What gives?
>
> Tom Buchanan
> buchanan@preferred.com
> http://pages.preferred.com/~buchanan/mg.html
> 1974 MGB-GT
> Kingsport, TN

Well, Tom,

IMHO the car gets no lubrication when it needs it the most: when it's
cold. Running a cold engine without pressure will decrease the bearings
top layer faster than normal.
I don't like that.

Rene

PS probably I say something here that you already knew.

--
Rene and Marion van Maanen
Netherlands Europe