Drive'em

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Drive'em
From: Jim Bradley <jbradley@sun.lssu.edu>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 09:47:54 -0400
Friends

Just got back from a wonderful 3,345 mile drive from Upper Michigan
(Ontonagon) to New Orleans via St. Louis and Mobile, Alabama in my 66
roadster. No mechanical problems except 1 stop light switch in Memphis.
Everybody on this list needs to do more driving and less talking about MG's
- its summer folks, get em on the road!  Lets see how many miles we can
collectively drive this year! Statistics for the trip - 3345 miles, 123.3
gallons of gas, and 7 quarts of oil. We had a great time, we followed US 45
from Ontonagon, Michigan to Mobile, Alabama mostly two lane road. We found
traveling on the two lane blacktop much more interesting than the freeway
and the traffic was much less in most cases. It is amazing how freeway
sights in Michigan look almost the same as Mississippi, if you stay on the
freeway you would hardly know what state you're in. It was really fun to
leave the snow of Upper Michigan and watch spring appear as we motored
south. We found the car to be quite comfortable, even for 50 year old
folks. I must admit it felt good to get out every few hours though, thank
goodness for small gas tanks. My advice to all of you is to find your
favorite state or federal highway and drive it from end to end. Happy
Motoring!

Jim Bradley