MGC Purchase

To: "'William.Elliott@mail.mei.com'" <William.Elliott@mail.mei.com>
Subject: MGC Purchase
From: "Feldman, Jack (Jack)" <jack@lucent.com>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 09:13:59 -0500
Bill,

Sorry to be so late. Sounds like a good car. If I remember your original
post, the price is right.

As for the handling problem, it will never handle like a B, but it will
do O.K. The usual things are to convert to uprated shocks and roll bar.
Looks like the shocks are already done, and you might ask about the bar.
I did that, and it improved the handling appreciably. It still takes an
effort to get the big engine to go around a corner, but my C now corners
without excessive body roll.

Most important is tire pressure. On any car with understeer you have to
inflate the front tire more than the rear. I use 32/28, and it makes a
great difference. When I took the car from Downers Grove to the C event
in Gettysburg the car was a dream to drive (it has a reputation of being
a good travel car), and  so comfortable that after 12 + hours of
driving, I was fresh enough to tour around Gettysburg. Great trip. I
plan to take the car to Pensacola for the next annual C event.

If you do get the car do join the C Registry. Great folks, a source for
needed parts, and helpful tech help. Also, while the parts are slightly
more expensive, there are a lot of common parts with the B, which makes
them available and cheap (and I'm a cheapskate).

Good luck on the purchase,

Jack