Miata, Z3, etc, etc

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Miata, Z3, etc, etc
From: "Murray Arundell" <goforit@ecn.net.au>
Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 07:51:49 +1000
I think you guys missed my point.

I do not carry a torch for any of these "moderns"  but they have there
place and I like them as cars but as a hobby or passion they do nothing for
me.  However my point is that like the MGF the people that own them are in
the same target market as those who owned our A's, B's, Triumphs whatever
when new.  Given that we should then understand that when "our" cars were
new the same ratio of hoods up to down probably existed.  Indeed the ratio
of "dirty" hands to "clean" hands was probably the same too...

We all need to understand that those of us who consider ourselves true
enthusiast are but a small minority of the car, sports car owning
population.  If a guy wants to leave his hood up or keep his hands clean or
indeed does not possess the skill or time required to do his own
maintenance does that make him any less passionate about his/her hobby?  I
know plenty who are truly passionate about their LBCs but for any number of
reasons do not take a spanner to their cars and who do not care for top
down motoring at every opportunity.

As for the advice to hit the delete key when this thread comes up from time
to time, I may well take it.  I just think it is a waste of effort and
frankly childish to continually bag people who happen to own expensive toys
(that we don't ?) and who are apparently not playing with them the way many
others amongst us would have them play.........

Flame away guys, I'm up to it.....:)

Murray Arundell
Murray Arundell