Re: Defogging inside of windscreen

To: Douglas McKinnie <mup1dm@surrey.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: Defogging inside of windscreen
From: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 19:38:10 +0000
Douglas McKinnie wrote:

> In the 'mountains' of western Massachussets it often gets
> cool in the evening and I find that the windscreen fogs up.
> The GTs heater system is little help, and more often than
> not makes things worse.

Try reversing the wires at the bullet connectors by the fan.  One way
will be much better than the other, although they both 'blow'.  I use
my GT all year round and don't find demisting a problem, although it
isn't as good as modern rubbish.  I do find under certain atmospheric
conditions, however (sudden thaw after a freeze) that having the heat
on makes it worse for a few minutes, as you describe.

PaulH.