Re: Oil Filters and coolers

To: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>,
Subject: Re: Oil Filters and coolers
From: Jim Carlile <j_carlile@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 16:12:39 -0700 (PDT)
I know this is heresy, but I have gone without an oil cooler for over
15 years in my B, and it has presented no problems whatsoever. My
engine has 250,000 miles on it, and it has just started to burn oil.

The reason I never replaced it is because when the original one
started leaking, the local MG dealer (remember those!) quoted me an
outrageous price for replacement. My mechanic at the time just blanked
off the outlets, and I never bothered to look back.

Jim
74B