choke question

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: choke question
From: Skye Poier <skye@hoth.ffwd.bc.ca>
Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 14:21:17 -0700
Hullo,

The choke doesn't seem to work on my 66 B.  As I understand the first half
adjusts the idle and the second half adjusts air/fuel mixture, but when
I pull it out, no matter how far, the engine sputters and eventually dies,
so when I start it up I just rev it up to around 3000 rpm until the water
gauge starts moving.

Also, the vacuum advance hose from the carbs has been plugged at the
carbs.  Should I check the advance weights (how would i check them) and
put in a new hose?  It seems to be running smoothly otherwise.

Skye

--
1966 MGB                GHN3L-70307
The MGB Experience      http://www.mgb.bc.ca/