Various rambles

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Various rambles
From: Jack Emery <jemery@mint.net>
Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 21:08:46 -0400
BCW in Bangor Maine, most of the locals out and about.  Usually see at
least 3 or 4 LBCs a day.  Not counting the one I'm driving.

Paul K's bit on Miatas is spot on.  Drove a couple, like them but no soul.
My MGB V-8 doesn't leak fluids but you never doubt it is a British roadster
for an instant.  It has character or soul.  If you park the car and don't
look back at it as you walk away...that lump has no soul.

Had a '64 Corvair Spyder.  The ultimate hole shot machine.  Kept young Jack
in beer money doing the drags with the locals driving Moms Buick.  Good
reaction times and 35/65 weight distribution.  Bury the throttle and
sidestep the clutch.....tossed a few belts but the drivetrain never broke.

Jack Emery
Glenburn Maine
'67 MGB V-8
many others