Brake Question

To: MG List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Brake Question
From: Jeff Gulosh <hooch@tez.net>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 00:49:55 -0400
Hello all.

Been lurking for about a week but this is my first post. I've got a 73 B
that i've been getting more and more into lately. It used to be the
daily driver but now that I have a second car, I can spend some time on
larger projects.

Anyway, the question:  The car failed inspection (virginia) because the
rear wheel cylinders were leaking. I figured, no problem, just order
some new seals and I'll have it fixed right up. hehehe, it is a lbc, i
should have known better. The problem is that when I went to replace the
seals, only one piston came out. The other is frozen solid. Does anyone
know of a way to get this unstuck so I can use it or should  I plunk
down the extra cash for a new wheel cylinder? Also, since I"ve only
pulled one side so far, should I expect similar problems on the other
side? (I would really like to drive her this weekend)

Any insight would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Jeff
73 B