Electrical woes

To: MG List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Electrical woes
From: Simon Bosworth <simon@hpi50.dsddhc.com>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 10:31:30 -0500
I got stranded last night when my Lucas electricals and Germanic
alternator, (Bosch off a VW), got into a fight.  Actually what happened
was the brown-yellow wire to the alternator broke at the crimp connector
I had installed.  I will now stand by for a chorus of 'told you so's'
from those who advocate soldered connections.  Anyway without the
alternator, my battery went flat rather quickly.  I had to call Lorna to
come and rescue me.  I re-attached the wire, hooked up the jumper cable
and we were off.  When I got home I replaced the wire and SOLDERED the
connection. Just another LBC ownership adventure :-)

Cheers,
Simon   (waiting for the next problem with bated breath)