Out on the road, flooding carb and other junk.

Subject: Out on the road, flooding carb and other junk.
From: Steve Bettencourt <steveb5815@edgenet.net>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 10:59:25 -0500
Hi again everyone,

Yesterday the B got its insurance and registration. I took the afternoon
off from work so I could get it done. First trip was to the gas station to
fill it up. I guess after 10 years of laying in the bottom of the tank, the
gas sender  doesn't work. And, after 30 miles of driving, the temp gauge
barely moved over the little blue section near the "C". Could be that the
thermostat bit the dust. There's no steam so I'm not concerned with it yet.
I drove it in to work today anyway!

I still haven't replaced the pads in the front cross member yet. The right
side ones are missing so a good hard bump gives a loud thump but I will be
fixing it over the long weekend.

The most annoying thing is that it floods after shutting it down. The
nearly 20 year old plastic float must be heavy and can't keep the needle
shut. While running the engine just burns the extra gas. Oh well, I just
ordered a new float, Grose jet, and adjustment tool so I can get that
Zenith to work properly.

Next step: State inspection. I guess I have to get the horn(s) to work.

Hey Becky IT'S A BLAST!! (Go w/ one 12v battery)
Steve Bettencourt
'79 MGB
Steve's HotRod World
http://www3.edgenet.net/CruizinRI