Re: 1973 MGB...How Much??? ( a bit long)

To: roadster@mindspring.com
Subject: Re: 1973 MGB...How Much??? ( a bit long)
From: miker15@juno.com
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 22:01:35 EDT
On Thu, 21 May 1998 20:51:07 -0400 Michael Hartley
<roadster@mindspring.com> writes:

>I would love to get some pricing info on a 73 B if you do not mind.  I
>am
>more of an A person myself, so I know relatively little about the
>values of
>the Bs.  A description of the car is listed below.  This car is
>advertised
>on the Internet in Classifieds 2000.  Anyone have any good/bad
>experiences
>with cars listed on the Internet like this?
>

>1973 MGB  --  78K miles  --  $5000 obo
>
>Purple exterior
>Beige interior
>Comes with hard top, new tonneau, new soft top
>Factory luggage rack
>New tires
>New brakes
>Rebuilt carbs (don't know when)
>New front shocks
>Good original paint
>Several spare parts and manuals
>Standard wheels (no wires)
>Arizona car--  no rust
>Passed emissions testing
>
>This info is for a friend that cannot get onto our beloved email list.
> The
>car and my friend are both in Tucson, AZ.  I do not know anything
>about the
>car past what is listed above.  Can anyone guess what a good offer
>would be
>for this car (assuming all info is correct)?
>
>Mike Hartley

Well I can attest to the internet as a great source of cars and parts - i
bought my GT from such an ad 2 years ago and have bought and sold
numerous parts since -
after all, its only like the classifieds in the newspaper - just much
less parochial!!

The car sounds good, its Black Tulip which is rare and for my money one
of the nicest colours they ever came up with - just before somebodies
brain exploded and gave us "chartreuse" "tundra" and "russet brown" - the
interior will be crappy, Autumn leaf dont weather well!

Naturally it requires an inspection to be certain - but having one AZ car
myself (the 69)
its likely not to have too much of a rust problem which is the number one
priority and with all those rebuilt bits and pieces it sounds well kept

Price sounds about the same as folk are asking here in the north east, i
really dont know the AZ market but my guess would be 4000-4500 if its
that good but go see it and feel the seller out as to how much interest
he's seen before pitching an offer.- with luck he's either getting
divorced, having a baby or lost his job! (damn its tough out there!!)

Now - if anyone has, sees or hears of a 72-74 Black Tulip GT for sale let
me know -
I'll even pay a finders fee if i buy it!!

mike robson
69 roadster
70 BGT
72 roadster