Mysterious Transmission Switch

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Mysterious Transmission Switch
From: "Miller, John" <John_Miller@jdedwards.com>
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 07:00:22 -0600
Since my B is now legal I've decided to put in the transmission and clutch
that I bought three years ago, but never put in the car because it couldn't
be driven anyway.  When I looked at the transmission that is going to go
into the car I noticed that it has two switches on it, one on each side of
the shifter remote assembly.  I know the one on the right is the reverse
light switch, but I can't figure out what the other is.  The original
transmission is still in the car until tomorrow, but I couldn't feel this
other switch on it.  I looked at the Haynes manual and there is no mention
of this switch on the diagram.  Both units are non-overdrive.  Can anyone
tell me what this other switch is?

John Miller
76B