Re: BCW Hump Day Adventure Story

To: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>, "MG List" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: BCW Hump Day Adventure Story
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 08:53:48 -0400
On 5/20/98 7:36 PM so and so  Dan Ray said. (And I quote)

<snip>

>    I won't tell you what my wife's reaction was when I walked in.
>    15 minutes later the storm had passed. I should have stayed and done
>more work at the office. Right?
>
>Dan
>'73 B

Wrong!! That is one of the great adventures about owning a ragtop.
(Something a GT owner will never understand ;-) )

Without going into too much detail - been there - done that. On the day
we bought our first Midget we drove home from Denver to Casper, WY. Got
caught in the same type of storm. Hard and Heavy, but short. Of course
the wipers were rotted gone. We dashed for the nearest underpass to get
out of the hail. Unfortunately, we had to go up the off ramp in the on
ramp direction. (Still wonder what that bus driver thought.) Flipped a
U-ey and stopped for a minute. The rain stopped and on we went.

What a great car!!

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.