Eze-Bleed Question

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Eze-Bleed Question
From: LRuggi2635 <LRuggi2635@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 11:59:45 EDT
Hi All!  Any Eze-Bleed experts out there?  Your answers will come too late to
help me last nite as I struggled with it, but I'm sure I'll be there again
bleeding brakes.  After asking around, I decided to try this Eze-Bleed gizmo
whilst rebuilding my brakes.  Followed the instructions and tried it "dry" (no
fluid).  Got air leaks around the cap.  Tried adjusting the seal and
tightening harder--seemed better.  Went with fluid (good 'ole Castrol) and it
quickly became "fluidus eruptis"--the bleeding part went great, but fluid pee-
d out profusely around the cap.  Luckily the car is in "driver condition" and
not pristine, it just removed a little more paint from the mount shelf,
despite lots of paper towel!  The subsequent clutch bleeding went perfectly
(small metal cap).

What'd I do wrong?  Is this just another case of "great idea, poor execution"?
Thank goodness this wasn't a freshly painted show car!

Larry Ruggiero
'72 MGB
'65 Sprite