Re: Eze-Bleed Question

To: LRuggi2635 <LRuggi2635@aol.com>, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Eze-Bleed Question
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 14:53:46
At 11:59 AM 5/22/98 EDT, LRuggi2635 (Larry Ruggiero) wrote:
>..... I decided to try this Eze-Bleed gizmo whilst rebuilding my brakes.
..... Got air leaks around the cap.  Tried adjusting the seal and
tightening harder--seemed better.  Went with fluid (good 'ole Castrol) and
it quickly became "fluidus eruptis"-- .....

>What'd I do wrong?  Is this just another case of "great idea, poor
execution"?

You have just discovered the single most important point of using the
Eze-Bleed.  You have to have an air tignt seal at the reservoir cap.  If
you can accomplish that it will work perfectly every time.  I've been using
one regularly for more than ten years, and I've never had a problem with it.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude